Thailand Certificate of Entry (COE)
(The following regulations applied during COVID-19 situation until further notice)
As per regulation issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation B.E. 2548 (2005) (No.6), non-Thai Nationals who are eligible to request permission to enter Thailand are as follow:
1. Persons in diplomatic or consular missions or international organizations or representatives of foreign governments performing duties in Thailand including their spouse, parents, or children;
2. Non-Thai nationals who are spouse, parents, or children of a Thai national;
3. Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid certificate of permanent residency or permission to take up residence in Thailand;
4. Non-Thai nationals who have work permit or have been granted permission from government agencies to work in Thailand, including their spouse or children;
5. Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational institutions approved by Thai authorities, including the parents or guardians of the students;
6. Non-Thai nationals who are in need of medical treatment in Thailand, and their attendants (excluding medical treatment for COVID19);
Necessary Steps to be taken by those who may request permission to enter Thailand;
1. Persons in diplomatic or consular missions or international organizations or representatives of foreign governments performing duties in Thailand including their spouse, parents, or children, please contact the Royal Consulate-General in Mumbai via email [email protected] or [email protected] for COE and visa application.
2. For category (2) – (6) mentioned above must apply online for a Certificate of Entry. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. (Please CLICK at below category for more information).
*** Currently, the following types of visas are NOT permitted to enter Thailand: Tourists visa (TR), Transit visa (TS), Sports visa (S), Monks and other religious visa (R), Retirement visa (O-A/O-X), Thailand Privilege Card (Elite card), Volunteers (O), and non-formal students visa holders (such as language schools, diving schools, boxing schools) ****
Requirement for entry to Thailand
1) Certificate of Entry and Valid Visa (application procedure please see point 2 above)
2) A duly filled/signed declaration form
3) Fit to Fly health certificate (issued no longer than 72 hours before travel)
4) Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR method (issued no longer than 72 hours before travel)
5) Health insurance with the coverage of at least 100,000 USD and covers COVID 19 treatment during stay in Thailand
6) Prove of Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel booking for 14 days (the list of ASQ hotel can be found at www.hsscovid.com or FACEBOOK or hospital quarantine (for entry for medical treatment). All travelers must undergo compulsory 14-days quarantine and must arrange ASQ at their own expense.
7) The applicant should refrain from crowded or risky places at least 14 days before the date of travel to Thailand
8) Permission to enter Thailand and determination for permitted length of stay rest solely with the Thai Immigration Authorities.
1. According to Thailand’s Civil Aviation Authority and India’s Ministry of Civil Aviation, international commercial flights remain suspended until further notice. Latest announcement can be found on Thailand’s Civil Aviation Authority website and Ministry of Civil Aviation of India website.
2. The applicants shall be responsible for their own flight arrangements. Please check directly with the airlines, as the Consulate-General does not have information regarding commercial flights. For those planing the travel by private jet, all flight clearances and landing permits related permissions shall be obtained by the private jet service provider.
3. Submission of COE applications does not guarantee approval/permission of entry to Thaialnd. At its sole discretion, the Royal Thai Consulate-General shall have the rights to request additional documents/information and/or reject the applications considered not to meet requirements. The Royal Thai Consulate-General will not be responsible for any expenses that may occur from the cancellation or changes of the date of travel.
4. The visa fee (if applicable) cannot be refunded.
5. All queries regarding Certificate of Entry (COE) and Visa will be answered via email only. Please send email indicating full name and passport number to [email protected]
9 Jul 2020